The IT Application Development Specialist reviews, analyze, evaluates, designs, develops and maintains company software applications. Identifies data sources, constructs entity relationship diagrams, provides application and data flow diagrams, and documents the process. Writes and maintains code for all application layers including data access, business and ensures that required application performance levels are achieved.
The resource will be reporting to the IT Application Development Manager who will be providing the assigned projects and work deliverables. The resource may also closely coordinate with IT Service Desk and the business users in support and maintenance of corporate systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the IT Manager for ADM in managing and leading the Application Development and Maintenance team in the review of business requirements, technical analysis and design, and development of application systems as required by the business units through IT Project Managers.
2. May coordinates directly with IT Project Manager in required development efforts assessment and estimation, setting deadlines, assignment of responsibilities, and monitoring of progress of the team relative the application systems being developed and maintained for the business units.
3. Provides assistance to IT Manager for ADM in coordinating with IT Project Managers in the definition and documentation of business requirements.
4. Assists in the evaluation and review of the recommended alternative solutions or workarounds as provided by other IT members in case of some limitations or constraints with the systems being developed and/or maintained.
5. Assists in the coordination process with different IT departments for end-to-end implementation of user requirements, based on established functions and procedures, and agreed schedule.
6. Provides inputs to IT Manager for ADM on how to better improve the SDLC methodology and related guidelines to ensure that the most appropriate approach in designing and developing systems is in place.
7. Helps the IT Manager for ADM in identifying and resolving gaps in skills, both soft skills and technical skills, processes, and resources.
8. Ensure compliance on the established internal IT processes and policies, documentation and due diligence specifically those activities directly related to the design, development, testing, deployment to production, application support, task monitoring, regular performance management, continuous improvement and personal development.
9. Assists the IT Manager for ADM in preparation and review of budget, resource augmentation planning, relationship building with 3rd party service providers, and resource allocation based on needs of the projects.
· Graduate of BS Computer Science or BS Computer Engineering, or any related 4-year programming course.
· Operating knowledge on established Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Iterative)
· 3-5 years programming experience using either .NET (VB, C#), Java, or Oracle development tools (Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Discoverer / Browser);
· 3-5 years working experience on relational database management systems, preferably Postgres, Oracle and/or MS SQL Server databases.
· 3-5 years working experience in API development (REST, JSON, SOAP, XML) will advantage