Sales Manager promotes products and services to customers and negotiate contracts with the aim to maximize profits at the same time meet or exceeds sales targets. Sales Manager has broader sales experience and has the capability to handle key accounts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively generates sales volume based on given weekly, monthly and annual revenue sales target per customer per voyage per port
- Prepares and updates total market volume for assigned accounts for the current year and submit to Group Sales Manager for review as basis for the annual Budget Preparation of succeeding year.
- Grows market share of assigned accounts, regain lost accounts and develop new accounts.
- Submits to Group Sales Manager updated list of customers showing total potential volume per port vis a vis 2GO’s share and competition Visits regularly existing accounts and develop new accounts and conduct sales meeting and presentations to clients.
- Plans a specific sales strategy per customer to cover peak and lean months ensuring achievement of annual revenue target
- Prepares and submit weekly itinerary to Group or Area Sales Manager and conduct sales visits to respective accounts.
- Performs following activities to attain weekly volume and revenue target: Visits customers and solicit cargoes as per Weekly Itinerary/Coverage Plan. Scouts for new customers ex competitors.
- Updates regularly shipper’s accounts and sales records.
- Prepares freight rate quotation for new accounts and submit Group Sales Manager for initial review and endorsement to Area Sales Manager prior sending to PYM for approval.
- Checks that collection of receivables are updated, and arrange for reconciliation of accounts, as required.
- Pursues aggressively collection of unpaid and overdue accounts
- Reviews credit application of shippers and check completeness of the documentary requirements prior endorsement to Group Sales Manager
- Assists in implementation of marketing and promotion events and campaign. Reviews and evaluates Freight Revenue and Volume Performance-Weekly.
- Performs other related work, as directed by Business Leaders.